A-1 Auto School of NH
Text or Call 603-429-2221
For Immediate Release
May 7, 2020
NH Joint Information Center
(603) 223-6169NH DMV Expands Appointment-Based Services to Three Additional Locations
Concord NH - CONCORD, N.H. – The New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) announces the expansion of appointment-based services to three additional locations. Starting Monday, May 11, Salem, Nashua, and Keene will open for appointment only services, in addition to Concord, Dover, Manchester, Newport, and Twin Mountain.
The following appointment only services will resume on Monday, May 11:
- Motorcycle permit testing – by appointment only. Call 227-4000 to schedule an appointment.
- Motorcycle testing – by appointment only, limited to the Concord location. Call 227-4020 to schedule an appointment.
- Motorcycle Rider Training classes. Call 227-4025 to register for a class.
- In-person driver license renewals are available for customers whose licenses have expired or will expire by June 30, 2020 – by appointment only. Call 227-4000 to schedule an appointment. Customers are encouraged to renew at www.nh.gov/dmv, if eligible.
- Customers transferring a license from another state – by appointment only. Call 227-4000 to schedule an appointment.
The DMV offers the following important service reminders:
- Non-Commercial Driver License driving road tests are not currently being conducted.
- All Commercial Driver License related transactions can be conducted by appointment only. Call 227-4000 to schedule an appointment.
- Customers whose licenses have expired or will expire by June 30, 2020 may apply for a 6-month license extension.
- Call 227-4020 to apply for the 6-month license extension over the phone. Customers are encouraged to renew at www.nh.gov/dmv, if eligible.
- The REAL ID compliance deadline has been extended until October, 2021. REAL ID transactions will not be conducted for the duration of the Stay at Home Order.
- Existing vehicle registrations are renewed by your city or town clerk’s office. Please visit your town website or call your local town clerk’s office for vehicle registration renewal options.
- NH DMV 20-day plates as well as NH authorized dealer 20-day plates, issued on or after February 26, 2020 have been given an automatic extension through May 31, 2020. Residents are encouraged to reach out to their local city or town clerk’s office for permanent vehicle registration options.
- Walking disability placards or license plates may be issued 6-month extensions without meeting the in-person application and medical certification requirements.
Drop box services are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. at the following locations: Concord, Dover, Manchester, Newport, Twin Mountain, Salem, Nashua, and Keene.
For all other transactions, please call DMV customer service at 227-4000 to determine the availability of services.
Customers should take advantage of the DMV’s online services, including online driver license renewal for those who are eligible, ID renewals, and online ticket pay at www.nh.gov/dmv.
DRIVER ED. SIGN UP INFORMATION
A-1 Auto School of New Hampshire has been providing driver education at Merrimack High School since 1987. Driver education is regulated by the State of New Hampshire, and all programs must provide 30 hours of classroom, 10 hours of behind the wheel instruction, as well as 6 hours of observation. In addition to the above requirements, each student needs to complete 40 hours of practice (10 at night) with a parent, or other responsible licensed 25 year old during the program.
All students must be physically, mentally and legally able to take the program before they enroll. If there is question as to a physical or mental limitation, please consult the physician responsible for the student’s care to confirm ability to participate in the program. If the student has an IEP, please consult the case worker to make sure he or she is available to help with the reading and tests, as the case may be. If there are additional concerns, please text or call 429-2221. If there is question as to whether or not the student’s right to drive has been suspended or revoked, please contact D.M.V. in Concord to clear up any issues. Please be available to complete the course, as there are no refunds for incomplete courses.
This would be a good time to have questionable vision checked, to locate your birth certificate(we need to see on the first day), and social security card as these are all required to obtain a license.
Each student must be 15 and 9 months by the first day of class, you cannot be more that 90 days out from turning 16 on the first day. The classroom dates for the 2019-2020 driver education sessions are listed below. The students with the first twenty checks received and signed up are enrolled in the program. We will call to remind you before the class starts. The sign up book is in the guidance office. The cost of the course is $620.
On the first day of class, please bring a pen, glasses if you wear them for distance, and your birth certificate. There will be an open book sign test on the first day. Please look at the sign section of the manual at www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/
Classes are held from 2:30 to 4:35 in room #369. The State of NH requires 30 hours of classroom. You need to attend the full class, we can’t accommodate late arrivals or early departures. You are expected to be at all 15 classes. If you miss more than two classes, all classroom and in car appointments will be canceled. Any missed time would need to be made up. If there is space, you may join the next class. You will need to bring a note upon your return stating a valid reason for your absence. Valid reasons include illness and family emergency. If you have another reason, please call to confirm. Unfortunately, jobs, sports, detention and other after school activities are not accepted by the State as valid reasons to be absent. Please sign up for a class that you are available to be there for. There are no refunds for incomplete courses.
If you have any questions, please call 429-2221. Evenings are best.
Thank you, Dianne Bangs
When you sign up, please drop off the deposit check of $220. The balance can be paid in weekly installments of $100 for four weeks or one check made out to A-1 Auto School. Sign ups are all done in the guidance office. To insure your spot please sign up early.
The checks need to be made out as follows…
Deposit $220 made out to A-1 AUTO SCHOOL OF NH, dated for the first day of the month that the class is starting. Balance $400 made out to MERRIMACK SCHOOL DISTRICT. Any checks made out on or after the first day of class should be made out to A-1 Auto School of NH.
If you prefer to write only one check, please make it out to Merrimack School District for $620. Any check made out on, or after the first day of class should be made out to A-1 Auto School of NH. Please date checks for later classes, for the month that the class starts, and print student’s name on memo line. Signups are accepted until all 20 spots are filled.
If you would like to reserve a spot, please sign up, and leave a deposit check, in the guidance office, sign ups cannot be done over the phone. There are two spots on the waitlist, if you sign up for one of those, also sign up for the next available class as well, to insure a space.
Sign up book and information sheets, are at the high school in the guidance office.
You need to be 15 and 9 months by the first day of class.
AS YOU ARE ALL AWARE DRIVER ED. IS ON HOLD UNTIL THE STATE OF NH AND MERRIMACK HIGH SCHOOL REOPEN. THERE IS AN OPTION THE STATE HAS COME UP WITH FOR ONLINE CLASSROOM, BUT THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE DRIVING HOURS. DRIVER ED WAS DEVELOPED AS A CONCURRENT PROGRAM WITH KNOWLEDGE AND ON ROAD PORTIONS WORKING TOGETHER, AND THE CLASSROOM ONLY DOES NOT ALLOW FOR THAT. SO I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS WITH THE SUPERINTENDENT'S OFFICE AND WE AGREE THAT THE COURSE WILL RUN AGAIN AS SOON AS WE ARE ALLOWED, WITH DRIVING, OBSERVATION AND CLASSROOM. AT THIS TIME DMV IS NOT TESTING ANYONE FOR AN OPERATORS LICENSE. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, NO ONE WANTS TO GET BACK TO WORK MORE THAN I DO. AS SOON AS THE BAN IS LIFTED, I WILL CONTACT EVERYONE WITH THE DATES.
STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE,
2019- 2020 class dates TO BE DECIDED AS SOON AS THE THE STATE REOPENS.
* these dates all include a test, or a topic that you need to makeup with the next session, if missed.
Class dates may change, due to weather or other emergencies.