The goal of the MHS Summer Institute is to help all incoming high school students to be better prepared for the academic expectations at Merrimack High School. This year’s MHS Summer Institute will run as follows:
- Sessions run Monday through Thursday each week beginning on June 25th and ending on August 2nd (**IMPORTANT: Regular class sessions will be held on Monday and Tuesday, July 2nd and 3rd, but NO classes will be held July 4-6 in recognition of the holiday).
- Three sessions run daily (8-9:30, 9:30-11, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
- For every successfully completed content area (English, math, science or social studies), students will receive 0.5 of a high school credit (half credit). If a student completes two content areas he or she will earn a full credit prior to entering high school in the fall. This credit counts toward graduation.
- Students have the opportunity to take courses which best address their needs upon entering high school, including English, math, social studies and science. All students participate in a “freshman enrichment” session (9:30-11 a.m.) which covers overall academic skills and topics related to the transition to high school.
- The Summer Institute is TUITION FREE for any incoming 9th grader in Merrimack.
- Daily bus transportation is provided by the District to and from Merrimack High School.
The MHS Summer Institute team will be monitoring your child throughout the program to ensure that it is a beneficial experience. Please feel free to contact us anytime if you have questions.