Goals for Passwords:
Increase security of district and student information and systems
Promote digital literacy and help students understand how and why they must protect their private information
- A secure password will be generated (unique to each student) that will be assigned and distributed via Digital Learning Specialists once school starts
- Secure passwords will be stored in PowerSchool so a teacher can look it up when students forget
- Students will not be able to change their passwords
- A secure password will be generated (unique to each student) that will be assigned and distributed at school
- Students will be able to change their password at any Windows computer IN the school district
- Students who forget their passwords will have them reset to their assigned secure password.
- Students will change to a secure password when they come in to get new ID badges and pickup their Chromebooks prior to the start of school (we will setup laptops in the gym for this purpose)
- Students who do not come prior to the start of school will have a window of time in which they can change their password to a secure password before their account is locked
- A secure password will be created and stored as needed to address forgotten passwords.