- To help students and staff learn how to independently access, analyze, synthesize and communicate information.
- To collaborate with other educators in planning learning experiences to
meet the needs of all learners.
- To develop integrated instruction and assist in the implementation and
evaluation of each unit.
- To provide instruction that stimulates interest in reading, viewing, listening to and using information and ideas.
- To provide all students and staff with flexible, equal and unlimited access to all print and non-print materials that are available in the District's library collection.
- To coordinate the purchase of materials in specific subject areas in the development and support of the curriculum.
- To help students become effective users of all types of libraries i.e. school, public, academic, etc.
- To help students find and use materials to satisfy leisure time interests.