MERRIMACK HIGH SCHOOL
Home of the Tomahawks
Believe, Go Forward, and Inspire!
SPRING SPORTS UPDATE
Updated 3/31/2020 at 11:04 am
Due to the Governor’s mandate to extend online learning through the beginning of May, the NHIAA Executive Council has modified the start date of spring sports. The revised dates are as follows:
May 4, 2020 - First date to practice
May 13, 2020 - First date to play
Should the pandemic cause the extension of online learning beyond the current May 4th guideline, we will once again modify the start date accordingly.
While the school building is closed, there should be no workouts or gatherings by student-athletes on or off school grounds. This includes the baseball fields, softball fields, track, and tennis courts. The use of any school facility is currently prohibited.
ATHLETIC REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Before any student-athlete can participate in tryouts the following requirements must be met:
REGISTRATION FOR SPRING SPORTS WILL OPEN FEBRUARY 1, 2020.Registration will close on the first day of tryouts for each sport. Spring sports will begin on Monday, May 4, 2020. We offer the following spring sports:Baseball (Varsity, JV, Freshman)Boys Lacrosse (Varsity, JV)Girls Lacrosse (Varsity, JV)Softball (Varsity, JV)Boys Spring Track & FieldGirls Spring Track & FieldBoys TennisGirls TennisUnified VolleyballPlease follow the link below to register.
- The parents/guardians are responsible completing an online registration through FamilyID and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department & Coaches. The email address for the primary FamilyID account owner must belong to a parent/guardian for the registration to be valid.
- The parents/guardians and student athletes must read and agree to the Co-Curricular Expectations on the FamilyID registration page.
- All students must have a copy of a valid physical on file in the athletic office. Physicals for returning student athletes must be dated within two years of tryouts. All incoming students and those students who have not participated in athletics prior to this upcoming season must submit to the athletic office a copy of a physical that is dated on or after July 1, 2018. It is recommended students submit recent physicals when they receive them. Physicals can be uploaded directly on the registration page in FamilyID or dropped off at the athletic office.
- All students must be academically eligible. Merrimack School District policy is that a student must have earned a 1.67 Grade Point Average (GPA) and have passed a minimum of four academic classes in the previous marking period.
- All student athletes MUST take the Impact test PRIOR to participating in school athletics. This is a cognitive baseline test that will aid our medical staff in the event of a concussion. Impact test is good for two years. (Non-contact sports are excluded).
- If you are a recent transfer to MHS (incoming 9th graders excluded), please complete the Transfer Affidavit and turn it into the Athletic Office prior to the first day of tryouts/practice.
- If you are homeschooled or attend a charter school, please complete the Charter/Home School Student Form and turn it into the Athletic Office along with proof of residency prior to the first day of tryouts/practice.
The mission of the Merrimack School District's Athletic Programs is the development of a community of responsible student athletes, coaches, and parents that balances academic achievement and a safe competitive environment, upholding the attributes of sportsmanship, integrity, and leadership while promoting emotional, physical, and social well-being.
Visit www.marklawrencephotographers.com to order team and individual photos.