MERRIMACK HIGH SCHOOL
Home of the Tomahawks
Believe, Go Forward, and Inspire!
The first day of practice/tryouts for all fall sports has been pushed out to Tuesday, September 8th. A more detailed schedule for practices and tryouts for all sports will be posted in the coming weeks.
The first date to play games has been adjusted as follows:
September 10th - Golf
September 18th - Cross Country, Field Hockey, Soccer, Volleyball
September 25th - Football, Spirit (Cheerleading)
There will be an open State tournament for Cross Country, Field Hockey, Soccer, and Volleyball. Discussions about the structure of the post-season in the sports of Football and Golf will take place in the coming weeks.
The game schedule for all sports will also be worked out in the coming weeks once it's known which schools will be participating. The goal is to play a regional schedule to reduce travel. More information will be available in the coming weeks.
ATHLETIC REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
2020-2021REGISTRATION FOR FALL SPORTS IS CURRENTLY OPEN!Registration will close on the first day of tryouts for each sport. Fall sports will begin on Tuesday, September 8, 2020. We offer the following fall sports:Boys Cross Country - Varsity, JVGirls Cross Country - Varsity, JVField Hockey - Varsity, JVFootball - Varsity, JV, FreshmanGolf - Varsity, JVBoys Soccer - Varsity, JV, FreshmanGirls Soccer - Varsity, JVFall Spirit (Cheerleading) - Varsity, JVGirls Volleyball - Varsity, JV, Freshman
Pre-Season Athletic Information Night:
The preseason informational meeting for athletes and parents/guardians has been canceled in it's traditional in-person format. An alternative for getting the information out to everyone is in process. Thank you!!
Before any student-athlete can participate in tryouts the following requirements must be met:
Please follow the link below to register.
- The parents/guardians are responsible completing an online registration through FamilyID and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department & Coaches. The email address for the primary FamilyID account owner must belong to a parent/guardian for the registration to be valid.
- The parents/guardians and student athletes must read and agree to the Co-Curricular Expectations on the FamilyID registration page.
- All students must have a copy of a valid physical on file in the athletic office. Physicals for returning student athletes must be dated within two years of tryouts. All incoming students and those students who have not participated in athletics prior to this upcoming season must submit to the athletic office a copy of a physical that is dated on or after July 1, 2019. It is recommended students submit recent physicals when they receive them. Physicals can be uploaded directly on the registration page in FamilyID or dropped off at the athletic office.
- All students must be academically eligible. Merrimack School District policy is that a student must have earned a 1.67 Grade Point Average (GPA) and have passed a minimum of four academic classes in the previous marking period.
- All student athletes MUST take the Impact test PRIOR to participating in school athletics. This is a cognitive baseline test that will aid our medical staff in the event of a concussion. Impact test is good for two years. (Non-contact sports are excluded).
- If you are a recent transfer to MHS (incoming 9th graders excluded), please complete the Transfer Affidavit and turn it into the Athletic Office prior to the first day of tryouts/practice.
- If you are homeschooled or attend a charter school, please complete the Charter/Home School Student Form and turn it into the Athletic Office along with proof of residency prior to the first day of tryouts/practice.
The mission of the Merrimack School District's Athletic Programs is the development of a community of responsible student athletes, coaches, and parents that balances academic achievement and a safe competitive environment, upholding the attributes of sportsmanship, integrity, and leadership while promoting emotional, physical, and social well-being.
Visit www.marklawrencephotographers.com to order team and individual photos.