MERRIMACK HIGH SCHOOL
Home of the Tomahawks
Believe, Go Forward, and Inspire!
ATHLETIC REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
2022-2023REGISTRATION FOR FALL SPORTS WILL OPEN ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1, 2022!Registration will close on the first day of tryouts for each sport. Fall sports will begin on Monday, August 15, 2022 with the exception of football, which will begin on Friday, August 12, 2022.We offer the following sports for the 2022 fall season:
Fall Athletic Offerings
Pre-Season Athletic Information Night:
There will be a preseason informational meeting night for athletes and parents tentatively scheduled for Thursday, August 25th beginning at 6:30 PM in the H. Dana Taylor Gymnasium. All athletes and at least one parent are required to attend. Please save the date!
Before any student-athlete can participate in tryouts, the following requirements must be met:
Please follow the link below to register.
- The parents/guardians are responsible for completing an online registration through FamilyID and ensuring that any and all medical information concerning your child's health, medical concerns, injuries, medications and allergies are reported to the Athletic Department & Coaches. The email address for the primary FamilyID account owner must belong to a parent/guardian for the registration to be valid.
- The parents/guardians and student athletes must read and agree to the Co-Curricular Expectations on the FamilyID registration page.
- All students must have a copy of a valid physical on file in the athletic office. Physicals for returning student athletes must be dated within two years of tryouts. All incoming students and those students who have not participated in athletics prior to this upcoming season must submit to the athletic office a copy of a physical that is dated on or after July 1, 2021. It is recommended students submit recent physicals when they receive them. Physicals can be uploaded directly on the registration page in FamilyID or dropped off at the athletic office.
- All students must be academically eligible. Merrimack School District policy is that a student must have earned a 1.67 Grade Point Average (GPA) and have passed a minimum of four academic classes in the previous marking period.
- All student athletes are encouraged to take the Impact test prior to participating in school athletics. This is a cognitive baseline test that will aid our medical staff in the event of a concussion. Impact test is good for two years. (Non-contact sports are excluded).
- If you are a recent transfer to MHS (incoming 9th graders excluded), please complete the Transfer Affidavit and turn it into the Athletic Office prior to the first day of tryouts/practice.
- If you are homeschooled or attend a charter school, please complete the Charter/Home School Student Form and turn it into the Athletic Office along with proof of residency prior to the first day of tryouts/practice.
FALL SPORTS TEAM PICTURE DAY
Picture day for Fall Sports Teams is scheduled for Wednesday, August 24th beginning at 2:30PM.
All athletes and coaches should arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time so we can move through the process quickly.
To Order Team Photos Online Go To:
www.marklawrencephotographers.com then “order sports photos”.
http://www.marklawrencephotographers.com/pricebooks/SportsPriceBook.pdf to print and mail in the order.
ImPACT testing will take place on Monday, August 8th through Friday, August 12th from 8:30 AM until 2:30 PM at Merrimack High School. ImPACT testing is recommended for all athletes competing in a contact sport: Cheer, Field Hockey, Football, Soccer, and Volleyball.
The ImPACT Test is a cognitive baseline test that will aid our medical staff in the event of a concussion.
The ImPACT test is good for two years, so not every athlete will need to be tested. If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Office.
A full schedule will be developed and sent to the coaches as we get closer to those dates. If you are on vacation that week, we will get your athlete in during the first week of practice/tryouts.
The mission of the Merrimack School District's Athletic Programs is the development of a community of responsible student athletes, coaches, and parents that balances academic achievement and a safe competitive environment, upholding the attributes of sportsmanship, integrity, and leadership while promoting emotional, physical, and social well-being.
Visit www.marklawrencephotographers.com to order team and individual photos.